First South Credit Union, together with other credit unions across the country, has been appointed Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) champions by the Department of the Environment, Climate and Communications for 2023/2024.
The SDG Champions Programme aims to raise public awareness about the SDGs and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.
This is a very significant appointment for First South Credit Union and recognition of the important work which we carry out in our local communities.
As the only financial institution in Ireland owned and governed by our members, we are, by our structure, designed to be sustainable.
Here are some examples of First South Credit Union’s SDG efforts:
- We waive fees for small in-branch transactions.
- We run a financial education programme in local schools.
- We are an equal opportunities employer.
- We promote ethical work practices across all our offices.
- We have 5 offices for local access, all staffed locally.
- We support community based projects and clubs.